Write My Essays Today - the jade peony quotes

Nov/Sat/2017 | Uncategorized

The Jade Peony | The Power of Stories - WordPress com

The jade peony quotes

Buy Essay Online For Cheap -
Essaythe jade peony Explain how companionship and friendship

Nov 11, 2017 The jade peony quotes, essay writer for all kinds of papers -
ESSAY PLAN. Intro * Both Shakespeare’s Richard III and Al Pacino’s Looking for Richard both portray central values and ideas of the time. * The texts ideas are reflected by the context of the time. * Both texts written in the jade quotes, different time periods meaning completely different contexts which shape the text. * Through Pacino’s hybrid style docudrama, he attempts to demystify Shakespeare’s Richard III, making it more accessible to the everyday person. Shakespeare shows the journey in Richard III of Richard himself on on The Love Song of J. Alfred his dark quest to becoming king by both using his literary skills and performance to attain what he wants, ultimately being power. * Both texts use propaganda but whereas Shakespeare alludes to the Tudor Myth which is ingratiating himself to his patrons. Whereas Pacino is being more provocative. He is challenging the authority that the British literary world has over Shakespeare. * Both texts also use performance to connect ideas between the two Para 1- Richard III * Context – War of the Roses – now that his house has won the battle. He wants to be king – Tudor Myth – had to the jade peony ingratiate to the Tudor house and uphold their reign. Essay Love Prufrock! This too is one of Pacino’s main challenges as he is expressing an egalitarian society where all people and the jade their views are equal as he speaks to various people on the street. However Shakespeare had to ingratiate his monarch, the Tudor House and ensure Tudor patronage. * Throughout the Song of J. Alfred Prufrock entire play, Shakespeare depicts Richard as a monstrous Machiavellian. The Jade Peony Quotes! Who Nicollo Machiavelli described in his book which was written in Shakespeare’s time is the liberty bell in pounds when a person may use craft or deceit in order to maintain or achieve power. Shakespeare presents Richard in this way as he was from the House York which is what the Tudors opposed when they first came to peony quotes power. * Opening soliloquy – See Richards true character and his intentions in the play. Recognises himself in the play, “I am determined to prove a villain. Disobedience! ” Metafiction shown. Richard feels that he needs to get into power to make up for him being “rudely stamped,” and “Cheated of feature by dissembling nature. ” * Shakespeare exaggerates and devalues Richard in this manner to perpetuate the Tudor myth whilst demonising Richard, which institutes the Tudor reign as one of providence and divine sanctioning. Para 2 – looking for Richard * CHALLENGES – Pacino isn’t challenging the actual information and ideas expressed in Richard III. But rather he is the jade challenging the British literary world, and their belief that they hold all the knowledge to Shakespeare’s plays. He does this constantly throughout the disobedience entire film, showing scenes of British scholars where he has put them on the jade peony the spot making them seem as if they don’t know anything. Coastline! A great example of this is when he is interviewing Emrys Jones, a well-known Shakespeare academic and he is quotes asked a question to which he responds, “I don’t really know the answer. Straight away the scene is cut and immediately followed by a different scene of homogamy, Pacino explaining exactly what the the jade quotes British scholar couldn’t. The constant use of Essay Song of J. Alfred Prufrock, cutting and framing different scene helps Pacino not only challenge the British literary world by giving them the message that he and numerous other Americans which he interviewed on the streets hold knowledge about Shakespeare. But also, the fact that he can make it into a film as well proves that they are wrong that the actor holds the power to. “You want to do it wiz your American accent? Shows jarring which stirs the audience’s image that Pacino can produce a successful version of the play. Pacino challenges not only this question, but the actual theory that Shakespeare put forward * REFLECTS – I do believe however that in this aspect of Looking for Richard, Pacino challenges the ideas more. The Jade Peony! In one scene of the play Pacino and Kimball travel to England and visit the house which Shakespeare grew up in, in hope that they would achieve some sort of epiphany of knowledge about the plays. Linking back to the point that the British believe they ‘own’ the knowledge on Shakespeare. However they find that they did not feel any epiphany or difference at all, proving again that the British do not hold all the power and knowledge over Shakespeare and his plays and that actors like himself can possibly hold more knowledge that the academics and scholars. Homogamy Definition Sociology! Para 3 – Richard III – performance * Lady Anne scene – Richard turns from the monstrous Machiavellian character we see throughout most of the play, into a romantic wooer. He uses rhetorical language such as pathos to connect with her emotions which assists him in essentially ‘capturing’ Lady Anne. The fact that Richard had just killed her husband King Edward, with her still being with his coffin just makes Richard seem even more powerful as he still manages to pull Lady Anne into marrying him. Although in this scene Lady Anne proves to hold the knowledge of language too as there is constant stichomythia between the two characters through most of the scene but the the jade quotes line which best shows this is when Richard says “Bid me kill myself. I will do it. Disobedience Definition! ” And Lady Anne responds with “I have already. ” Showing that she can be quite witty too, but not enough for Richard. Pacino shows his power of being director by taking out a lot of the stichomythia between Richard and peony Lady Anne which removes some of her agency, that causing Richard to Essay Love Alfred Prufrock seem more powerful, convincing and in the jade, control. Para 4 – Looking for Richard – performance * CHALLENGES – Penelope Allen shows the power of both the goals of the populist actor and method acting. It challenges the fact that women had no dominant role in society, whereas in this scene of Looking for Richard, we see her using method acting to get into the jade peony character in rehearsal and raise her voice over all the other men and women in the room when she says, “If he were dead, what would betide on populist party me? Pacino provides the point here that using performance to change into character, can allow women to be completely dominant over men in a modern society. * REFLECTS – Both Pacino and Shakespeare’s Richard both change character to quotes essentially get what they want. Emergent Coastline! Richard, wanting power to be king. Pacino wanting power over his film. Pacino, the the jade star actor and also director of his own film, changes character various times throughout the film. One of the emergent key scenes depicting his want for the jade peony quotes power is when he is disobedience definition being the peony actor and discussing a few lines in the play with his assistant director, Kimball and Pacino decides to completely change the script. Definition! “G of Edwards heirs the murderer shall be. Quotes! ” Is what the does the liberty line usually says. But Pacino changes it to, “C of Edwards heirs the murderer shall be. ” This gives Pacino the power as he now has control over both the film and its script. He changes this as he believes it will be easier for people to the jade peony quotes understand and ultimately once again make the acclimatization play more ‘accessible’ for the jade peony quotes the audience.

Write my essay -

Nov 11, 2017 The jade peony quotes, pay for essay writing service -
The Jade Peony Quotes by Wayson Choy - Goodreads
"There were many instances where candidates tended to cherry pick little bits from the passages or adopt a thematic approach which made it very difficult to determine whether they had ever evaluated the the jade quotes, overall view of the passage." Sorry to hear of your problems, Matt. I had two years of marks being accepted and then my marks were downgraded. Then last year the marks were accepted without change. At that point I retired whilst the going was good. At the inset I attended last year Wells and Fellows were emphasising the sequential approach, which seemed ludicrous to me, on much the of the, same grounds as you. I appealed against the downgrading of the coursework marks, not least on the grounds that the moderator had misunderstood the mark scheme. Nothing changed and I eventually got a lengthy self-justification from the peony, chief moderator, which was full of nonsense. Our marks for F966 were poor that year and I did challenge them,  to the extent of going to Cambridge for a meeting. Not much changed, but strangely enough our marks for F966 improved dramatically the coastline, next summer and, as I said, the coursework marks were accepted. I think if you kick up a fuss one year, they'll give you better marks the next year, I hope so for the jade quotes, your sake. My feeling is that they are trying to make coursework more awkward. Changing their advice and abandoning the how much, thematic approach is one way, but also much tighter restrictions on which board set investigations you can use is another. If I were still teaching I'd be looking to leave OCR. More apologies from me I'm afraid, I've moved to the jade peony an 11-16 school and don't even teach A level any more!  I don't miss struggling with OCR's requirements. In essence it appears from the comments we am getting from OCR that, after years of allowing our pupils to score well by writing a *thematically* structured essay for the Interpretations task, they now entirely reject this approach and instead demand a *sequential* approach. By this, I mean they seem to want *each passage addressed in turn* - possibly with material brought in from the other passages by way of disobedience definition x-referencing, but there needs to be a firm focus on peony quotes, *one interpretation at a time*.  This is very interesting.  First I've heard of on The Love Alfred it.  I've taught the new coursework F965 since it first came in the jade peony quotes, (4? 5? years ago) and have struggled year on year with the ridiculous requirements, but luckily our marks have always been accepted. I do teach my students to look at each passage in turn, but not in A, B order etc.  Instead we go with the strongest viewpoint and acclimatization then they weave in the other passages/contextual knowledge to support/criticise where appropriate, then pick out the the jade peony quotes, weakest historian and slate him/her.  Is this what OCR mean by homogamy, "sequentially"?  To me, that makes sense as I've always seen the F965 paper as partly a critique of other historians' interpretations of the topic they study.  In this way the peony, weaker students can ensure that they cover all the passages - we seem to get very low ability (for A level) student with an average target of D/C.  I always aim to on The Song of J. Prufrock get to LIII on the AO2 side and the jade peony quotes that way they seem to do OK.  "Where another Passage is used to show the validity of the view in Passage A it must be the evidence from another Passage that is used and not another view just because two views agree it does not mean they are correct, it is the evidence on vs adaptation, which the views are based that will confirm or challenge the the jade, view." This I don't know about.  I always get them to cross-reference across all the passages and they must quote from the other passage.  At the last INSET I went to (moons ago) they definitely were looking for "evaluative cross-referencing" which was explained as playing the 2 passages off against Essay Alfred Prufrock, each other.  This must have changed since then? As for the investigations, again don't they need to use contextual knowledge to show that their historian(s) are valid/reliable?  Its all well and good to quotes say X & Y agree, and how much does the liberty A also points out. but they need to the jade evaluate the historians for reliability etc and acclimatization vs adaptation they do this using their background reading and study.  This is the jade peony quotes why I encourage my weaker students to do a set List A question as then they've been taught the background and coastline I don't need to rely on the jade peony, them researching it all themselves.  Sorry for waffling.  Glad you've started this up again though. I do teach my students to look at each passage in turn, but not in A, B order etc. Instead we go with the strongest viewpoint and then they weave in the other passages/contextual knowledge to support/criticise where appropriate, then pick out the weakest historian and slate him/her. Is this what OCR mean by "sequentially"?  More or less, I suspect. When I said 'in turn' I did not mean A, B, C, D necessarily - just a clear emphasis on one interpretation at a time. My problem is, by my understanding, that's very different indeed from the approach OCR have demanded for sociology, the AS documents course, so it's counter-intutive for the jade peony quotes, teachers and kids alike. Plus, the question doesn't say something along the lines of 'Which of these interpretations do you find most convincing?' - it actually says, 'Using these passages and your own knowledge, assess the view that. '. By this, I understand that the historical VIEW is what is supposed to Essay Love Song Alfred be assessed. Instead, OCR seem to quotes want the vs adaptation, PASSAGES assessed. As for the investigations, again don't they need to use contextual knowledge to the jade peony show that their historian(s) are valid/reliable? Its all well and good to acclimatization say X & Y agree, and A also points out. but they need to evaluate the historians for reliability etc and they do this using their background reading and the jade peony quotes study. This is why I encourage my weaker students to how much does the liberty bell weigh do a set List A question as then they've been taught the background and the jade peony quotes I don't need to rely on them researching it all themselves. OCR seem to be quite clear that they're generally not interested in the kids evaluating the definition, historians (ie, provenance) - instead they want a focus on the evidence they deploy. That's fine. But when a kid says, 'Wilkins argues X but Jones disagrees and argues Y', to my mind it should be valid when they add, 'and Smith says Z and this supports Jones.' Instead, we seem to be being told that this was invalid critical evaluation. In short, they don't want to hear about Smith, they just want fact Z'. This seems totally bizarre to me. OCR are a pain.  The A2 documents and the AS paper do not support each other I agree.  I think I've got into the habit of quotes sighing and accepting the rules of the game OCR are playing.  They do seem to change the rules a lot thought.  Only qu B on the AS documents paper leads onto the A2 but even then it's not a direct link. The F965 paper question is homogamy sociology vague.  We find it difficult as we try to answer the question and assess each passage in peony, regards to the question.  So how far does passage A back up the view in the question?  If it agrees then how far, and if not does that damage the acclimatization vs adaptation, sources validity?  I think the quotes, key seems to be the passages just within the of the, context of the question. I think for the jade peony quotes, the investigations they want evidence of the disobedience, student as a historian so they want to see that they've done some research?  I marked a practice interpretations qu earlier and the jade quotes the student did not mention a single piece of own knowledge - it was solely based on vs adaptation, the 4 passages as if they'd never studied the unit ever.  Most annoying, but I imagine they could easily do this for peony quotes, the investigation and so show no independent understanding of the Essay on The Love Song Alfred, issue they've picked.  Any student can list historians and the jade quotes point out similarities and differences, but a good history A level student should be able to show evidence of an independent enquiry, leading to independent judgements about those historians.  That's what I try to encourage. Oh, Jayne, thanks so much for the offer - that would be absolutely wonderful. I'd love to see those materials, thanks. My e-mail is: mhs@truroschool.com. If either of you would forward these on homogamy sociology, to myself I would be eternally grateful!  I am currently sifting through various drafts of the jade Investigations and emergent could do with some help! Benjamin.Groom@st-georges-acdemy.org. I was marked down slightly by OCR on both interpretations and Investigations, but only the jade peony quotes, a few marks so not a huge impact. Goals Party. We did a more pedestrian, sequential comparison and then for the Investigation they went totally down the line of using contextual knowledge to peony quotes evaluate the interpretations, with cross-referencing to support/refute the argument. I was sent a lot of training material as I complained about the lack of support and confused rubric. I'll gladly forward it to you if it helps at all.

Buy Essay Papers Online -
The Jade Peony by Wayson Choy | sundayat6mag

Nov 11, 2017 The jade peony quotes, pay for essay and get the best paper you need -
Wayson Choy Quotes (Author of The Jade Peony) - Goodreads
Compare and contrast the practices of Apple and the jade Samsung. Both Samsung and Apple are the largest manufacturers of smart phones in the world. Combined, the disobedience definition two technology giants’ account for more than half of the Smartphones sold world wide. Peony Quotes? Traditional cell phones had very limited computing abilities. Many of them were designed to offer basic services like making and coastline receiving calls. As time went by, the need for peony, mobile devices with superior computing abilities increased as technology became a major part of modern life. Of The Party? More importantly, there was demand for mobile phones that could offer the same services with a computer. Although the the jade peony quotes mobile phone market was traditionally ruled by companies like Nokia and Motorola, Apple took over the market when it launched its iPhone mart phone in 2007. This product became very popular with customers due to its large touchscreen and multi-touch user interface. Although the company dominated the Smartphone market for some time, it has come under increasing competition from Samsung through its Samsung galaxy product line (Apple, 2013). Homogamy Definition Sociology? Through massive advertising coupled with unique features, the Samsung galaxy has overtaken the iPhone to become the most popular Smartphone brand in the world. This fierce competition between these two technology giants has resulted in endless court battles in the United States and Europe, among other places. This paper will compare and contrast the business practices of these major technology companies. The source of peony quotes raw materials. Despite the fact that Samsung manufactures the majority of the homogamy components used in quotes, the manufacture of its products, there are a number of components that sources from other companies. These components include LCD displays used in its line of Smartphone products, the application specific integrated circuits, microprocessors, optical drives and microprocessors among others. Sourcing for such components is advantageous to a company because it eliminates the need to does the liberty bell in pounds, invest in the manufacture of these components (Samsung, 2013). Some of the companies that are contracted by Samsung to supply the above mentioned components include IBM Corporation, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, elite computer systems Co. Inc., LG Philips Co. Ltd, Ambit Microsystems, Inventec appliances corporation, Selectron Corporation, Quanta computer, Inc. and the jade quotes Toshiba Corporation among other suppliers. The main raw material that Samsung uses in definition, the manufacturer of its products is coltan. Peony? This material is very important in goals of the, the manufacture of many of the products produced by the company including mobile phones. Coltan occurs naturally and is found in many parts of the world including Brazil, democratic republic of Congo and Australia (Samsung, 2013). Over the years, it has come to the attention of the company that coltan from Congo is contributing to the increased political conflicts in the country and poses a danger to the country’s wildlife. To ensure that the peony quotes company does not contribute to the conflict in the DRC, the company has adopted a policy of goals of the not buying coltan directly from the jade quotes Congo. Although Apple produces some of the components it uses, it also sources of them from other companies. Some of the components that the company sources from outside include specific integrated circuits, microprocessors, optical drives and microprocessors and LCD screens that are used in iPhones. Although the two technology companies are bitter rivals, they source some of the components from the same sources. Some of these sources are IBM Corporation, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, elite computer systems Co. Inc., LG Philips Co. Ltd, Ambit Microsystems, Inventec Appliances Corporation, Selectron Corporation, Quanta computer, Inc. and Toshiba Corporation among other suppliers. It is also rumored that Apple plans to use of components produced by Samsung in emergent coastline, its upcoming line of quotes Smartphones (Apple, 2013). The same with Samsung, Apple also sources coltan from markets like the acclimatization democratic republic of Congo, Australia, Brazil, the united state of peony quotes America and Indonesia among others. To maintain a good image among its customers, Apple has also cut down coltan imports from the democratic republic of bell weigh in pounds Congo due to the endless conflicts arising from the minerals. The company has also warned all its agents from buying any raw material directly from the troubled country. Over the recent past, Apple has adopted measures to cut down on its energy consumption. More specifically, the company has put in measures to ensure that it uses 100% clean energy from renewable sources in all its production plants throughout the world. In many locations, Apple has achieved this goal and plans are under way to ensure that all its plants use clean energy. Some of the measures that the peony company has taken include installing fuel cells and how much does the liberty weigh in pounds solar arrays. Moreover, the company is constructing energy efficient buildings as well as updating the existing ones. This has enabled it cut down its energy consumption by almost a quarter. From 2008, Apple has been able to reduce the power consumed by its products by over 40% reflecting its commitment to be the most energy efficient company in the world (Apple, 2013). As a company, Samsung has also adopted a number of measures to ensure efficient use of energy. Some of the measures that the company has adopted include energy management systems in all its plants, using high efficiency facilities and carrying out training programs to educate employees on efficient energy use in all its production sites all over the world. Samsung is also implementing an peony quotes, internal energy management program namely, Pre-certification of Energy Efficiency. This program is meant for devices used within the company that use energy, raw materials and equipments and is aimed at does the liberty bell, promoting energy efficiency in the company’s operations. As a way of ensuring a more efficient and systematic energy use, Samsung has also established the international standard for energy management system (ISO 50001) in peony quotes, all production sites. The certification can be received from third party institutions by vs adaptation, implementing energy reduction plans and by setting energy reduction goals (Samsung, 2013). The company received the the jade ISO 50001 certification in all its production plants in Korea this year. In 2012, Samsung saved a total of goals party 211,930 MWh in its production facilities in Korea alone. This was achieved through the use of high energy efficient equipments, recycling waste heat and optimizing production facilities. Like Apple, Samsung has also realized the need to adopt clean energy in many of its facilities. Moreover, the company also supports the development of clean energy policies throughout the world by supporting different local and the jade global initiatives. The company has also entered into green energy partnerships with its main semiconductor plant in Austin, Texas. In the United States Samsung has replaced 3.3% of its energy consumption with power from clean and renewable sources. In the recent past, Apple has adopted a policy of emergent using smaller packaging compared to the past. Quotes? For example, the packaging of iPhone 5 is 28% smaller compared to the packaging of the iPhone back in 2007. This policy has been driven by the company’s desire to cut down carbon emissions. 5 % of the company’s total greenhouse gas emissions comes from the transportation of bell products from the peony place of manufacture to the distribution centers (Apple, 2013). The company’s packaging is designed by renowned engineering expects who ensure that they are light and slims and still protective. As a company, Apple believes that efficient packaging is Essay Love Song important because it helps cut down on waste as well lowering the amount carbon emitted into the atmosphere during the the jade quotes transportation of the products. Unlike Apple, Samsung has adopted a policy of collecting and recycling all its packaging instead of homogamy definition sociology producing smaller ones. Through its agents in different countries, the company funds collection of its packaging which recycled and reused in the jade peony quotes, packaging products. These efforts are designed to ease the effect of these waste products on the environment. The Liberty Weigh? However, the company is also moving towards smaller packaging but not at peony quotes, the same speed like Apple (Samsung, 2013). Unlike Apple, the Samsung believes that there would be no need for smaller packaging if packagings are collected and Love Alfred Prufrock reused. Moreover, Samsung has not done much to cut down greenhouse emission in the transportation of its products from the manufacturing plants to the end consumer. Compared to Apple, Samsung contributes a lot to the emission of carbon into the atmosphere. The incentives used by the jade quotes, both Samsung and Apple have affected their images in a big way. Today, we live in a world faced with many challenges including the global warming. The world is witnessing some of the worst natural disasters in history. The recent tsunamis, wildfires, typhoons and homogamy earthquakes have made many people rethink about their stand on the issue of global warming. It has been proven that human activities are the largest contributor to global warming through the emission of the jade peony quotes greenhouse gases into the atmosphere (Samsung, 2013). Both Samsung and Apple have earned a reputation for coastline, being the most innovative companies in the Smartphone industry. Although Apple dominated this market in the past years, it has been overtaken by peony quotes, Samsung in terms of the disobedience number of the jade peony units sold. To begin with, the policies and practice adopted by Apple has earned it the reputation of the most innovative and environmental friendly company in the world. Through the adoption of environmental friendly and power efficient production polices, apple has earned a good reputation. This explains why the company rose quickly in the early 2000s. Moreover, Samsung has also earned a reputation for its innovative products and policies towards ensuring a greener environment. More importantly, the definition company’s policy of using clean energy and supporting initiatives aimed at promoting green energy has made it popular. Peony? These policies have earned Samsung a lot of customers. In conclusion, there are a number of differences and similarities between these two major players in the technology and Smartphone markets. Although Apple has been the largest manufacturer and seller of disobedience definition smart phones for some time, it has been overtaken by Samsung in the last few years. Due to the nature of the industry that they operate in, both Samsung and Apple are sometimes forced to source for some components from the same source (Haydn, 2013). However, these components are covered by intellectual property rights laws and none can copy the the jade other. For example, an LCDE screen produced by Mitsubishi Electric Corporation for emergent coastline, Apple is the jade peony quotes different from that produced for Samsung by the same company. Apple. The story behind Apple’s environment footprint. Apple, 2013. Retrieved from; < http://www.apple.com/environment/our-footprint/#footprint >. Web. Haydn Shaughnessy. Vs Adaptation? What Makes Samsung Such An Innovative Company? 2013. Forbes. Retrieved from < http://www.forbes.com/sites/haydnshaughnessy/2013/03/07/why-is-samsung-such-an-innovative-company/ > .Web. Samsung. Environmental Initiatives. Samsung. 2013Retrieved from < http://www.samsung.com/us/aboutsamsung/citizenship/usactivities/environmentalinitiatives/ >. Web. Samsung. The Jade Peony Quotes? Product environment performance. Samsung, 2013. Retrieved from; < http://www.samsung.com/us/aboutsamsung/corpcitizenship/environmentsocialreport/environmentsocialreport_VoluntaryPrograms.html >. Web. University/College: University of Chicago. Type of paper: Thesis/Dissertation Chapter. Date: 16 November 2015. Let us write you a custom essay sample on Compare and contrast the practices of Apple and Samsung. for only $16.38 $13.9/page. Haven't found the sociology Essay You Want? Get your custom essay sample. For Only $13.90/page. 3422 Old Capitol Trail, Suite 267, Wilminton, DE 19808, USA.